Sunday 5 February 2012

nyc....NYC....N-Y-C!!!!!!!!!!!


@ the top of the Rivington Hotel NYE!
Partying down - NY style!









So the summer break has been and gone and it didn’t quite turn out as expected. 4 glorious weeks spent with my man was the best Christmas present I could receive. It was so lovely to not have to be in any sort of countdown mode – usually our daily skype calls, sms and emails end with me relaying where we are on the countdown of weeks / workdays / Monday mornings left until we meet again. I can tell you that was probably the hardest thing when I left him at the departure lounge in Brisbane, realising that we were back into countdown mode. Dislike.

So yes, both quality and quantity time with my man was on the cards for my break and I got loads of both which was refreshing for the soul. It was also wonderful to catch up with friends and family – lots of lunches, coffees, bbqs, Christmas parties etc to be able to fill the gaps of what emails and skype calls seem to miss.
However, on a night when I told my man that he had to take me to see a the latest rom com and to my favourite restaurant in Brisbane, our holiday plans (of being in our house and doing n-o-t-h-i-n-g!) went a little haywire.

After sitting through the first completely cringeworthy –about-to-walk-out-any-minute-if-this-movie-does-not-improve – movie New Years Eve, we followed up with a much more palatable Fajitas and Sangria. The movie was based in New York for New Years Eve – something we have had on our ‘todo’ list and we had put off until New Years 2013. However, my man must have had his drink spiked because it was after our entrĂ©e of corn chips and jack cheese that he started to declare ‘screw it – lets go to NYC for NYE this year!’ – as in, literally, 10 days time.

As soon as we got home, he was on the www researching flights…. hotels…. and getting all pumped up for the event. I thought he was crazy, and went to bed. It wasn’t until I was able to sleep on his grand plans and consider our situation that I was able to get on board – and agree, this was the time to do it. We had friends already going to NYC for the event, we are financially (gulp) able to decide to make a trip of a lifetime happen 10 days out, and we are removed from each other for 90 percent of the year so * it. Let’s Do It!

10 days later we were boarding Korean Airways Business Class for the trip of a lifetime.

Words cannot describe the AMAZING time we had…… so I’ll let the pictures do the talking!
Cosmopolitan in the A380 Business Class Lounge at 40 000 feet .... Don't mind if I do!
Concrete Jungle. Love it!
Had to be done!
BROADWAY! - The tall building in the centre of the pic is where the ball drop happens.
Central Park. We did ice-skate, but I didn't get any piccies :(

& I thought Singapore went OTT with decorations. At least these were classy! Cartier  & Fendi on 5th Ave
Bloomingadales - funnily enough, they go all out on decorating and ensuring the first floor looks amazing... the rest needs a serious makeover! This was the case with Saks as well.
Massive crowds @ Broadway

Squirrel eating the leftovers of the mammoth pretzel fed by......
The crazy man in the park!
Loved the old buildings. Loved the bare trees. LOVED THE BLUE SKY!!! I miss a blue sky so much in cloudy, hazy, polluted ol' Singapore :(
The Bull @ Wall St
Stock Exchange
The boys hoping for a better 2012!
I <3 Trump. Celebrity Apprentice is my 2nd favourite show.... Behind Survivor of course!

People lining up to buy UGG boots
Carb Loading in Little Italy pre NYE Festivities!
Our delightful travelling companions!
The man and I .... *sigh*
The view from the Penthouse @ Rivington where we saw in 2012. This apartment was also used in the remake of the film 'Arthur ' as Russel Brand's apartment 
More crowds at Rockefellar Centre
View from Top of The Rock - Green building is The Empire State Building
We were able to catch up with a mate of Tom's from Timor who is now working in the UN office in NYC..... Here's hoping he can help land my man a job ;)
Columbus Circle & Trump Towers.......
The only museum we went into (mainly due to incredible lines - we don't do lines!) was the Museum of Modern Art & Design.... Took us less than an hour to get through the 4 levels..... not very interesting! However, the restaurant on the top floor was THE BEST FIND! Awesome food + amazing ambiance + fantastic service...... 
+ THE VIEW! Central park in the winter..... *sigh* how nice are seasons??!
NYC...... View from the HELICOPTER!
Another Bird's Eye View!
On our flight home (sniff!), we had a 12 hour stopover in Korea
& saw SNOW!!!!
Palace in the city...... amazing!
& yes.... it had to be done! Thanks to my A*mazing Man.... Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment